Table of Contents
What’s the first thing that strikes your mind when you think of braces? Thick metal stuff that makes even smiling painful? Well, in that case, you would be glad to know that with the latest advancements in the field of dentistry, braces have now become a seamless experience! You now have an array of options to choose your pick from. In fact, according to industry experts, the dental braces demand is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.99% during 2022-2027. [Source]
Dental braces are devices employed to straighten crowded, slanted teeth , as well as a misaligned jaw (malocclusion). Braces are typically utilised during childhood or adolescence, however, adults are increasingly availing restorative dental braces to look presentable in corporate settings.
Braces are comprised of metal or ceramic, wires, along with a bonding substance that is used to adhere them to your teeth. Read on if you want to find which teeth braces are best for you:
There are different types of braces depending on needs and budgets. The 5 main ones are:
These are the typical braces, which are made out of metal brackets and wires. They are the most common ones. Even if you did not have to wear them, you must have definitely seen them in movies. Straight Wires Braces are the most in-demand metal braces for folks looking to fix their slanted teeth .
These are dental braces constructed of high-quality stainless steel that use metal brackets and archwires to straighten your teeth. These are the most affordable braces used in orthodontic therapy, so metal braces cost is a huge win for those on budget.
Once placed, the patient must be extra cautious about what they eat. It is best to avoid consuming gum or caramel that adheres to the brackets. Hard meals should be avoided by the patient as they may cause the bracket to dislodge.
In case you’re contemplating getting metal braces, here are some pros and cons for you to consider:
- Effective and adaptable
- No impact on the speech
- Appointments scheduled every 4-8 weeks.
- Available in versatile colors
- No waiting period
- Least expensive
- Brushing and flossing are difficult
- Visible, so not appropriate for appearance-conscious folks
- Not recommended for those with poor dental hygiene
Ceramic braces are a popular alternative to metal braces. Ceramic braces are comprised of tooth-coloured material and are less apparent than traditional metal braces. They have tooth-coloured brackets that have the same size and form as metal brackets and blend in with the teeth. When compared to regular metal braces, they are more costly. Ceramic braces discolour readily if adequate dental hygiene is not maintained.
Here are some pros and cons of ceramic braces:
- They are less noticeable than metal braces
- They move teeth more quickly than transparent aligners
- You have the option of selecting your colours
- They do not affect imaging testing
- They cost more than metal braces
- They have the potential to induce gum sensitivity
- They have a little lower durability than metal
- They move teeth more slowly than metal
- They could stain
Lingual braces are similar to conventional braces in that they are attached to the rear of your teeth, on the tongue — or lingual — side of the teeth. They are practically unnoticeable since they are hidden between your teeth. Lingual braces cost slightly more than the other types of braces.
- Lingual braces are virtually invisible.
- They effectively correct most bite problems.
- They can be customized to increase your comfort and maximize efficiency.
- Lingual braces may be more expensive than other types of braces.
- They can cause considerable discomfort, especially at first.
- They can give you a temporary lisp
- They may take longer than conventional braces
Invisalign is a groundbreaking technology that includes wearing an invisible aligner to correct misaligned teeth. They are basically tooth-coloured braces. The invisalign braces are projected to be the most popular type of braces in the coming years.
The features and benefits of Invisalign outweigh the traditional metal braces. As a result, there is a rise in the number of people choosing it over standard teeth-straightening treatments.
- Facilitates easy brushing
- Prevents potential dental problems
- Less successful for complex issues
- Needs to be worn for long hours
- Needs to be removed while eating or drinking
Should you wait to get braces?
Although age does not determine when a child should have braces, certain broad rules apply to the majority of situations.
For starters, most orthodontists think that braces are preferable for children aged 10 to 14 years old.
Braces relocate teeth and correct bite, which is why getting braces at such a young age is ideal. At this age, a kid will typically have all of their permanent teeth, which influences the scheduling of braces.
How to Take Care of Braces
After learning the advantages and disadvantages of braces, let’s take a look at some maintenance tips:
- Choose dental products (toothpaste, mouth rinse etc) without harsh chemicals
- Brush your teeth well to remove any food remains
- Floss at least once a day
- Select your diet carefully
- To ensure appropriate cleaning, use a back-and-forth motion on braces behind the teeth
Braces at Zing Mode
Experience the best dental care services in South India with our team of highly qualified experts. Zing Mode’s practice is based on our comprehensive patient-first model, which entails thoroughly analysing our patients in a one-on-one consultation with our dynamic team of dentists before providing them with the best state-of-the-art treatment, making us one of the best dental services in Hyderabad.
Visit the Dental category for more information or fill out the form. Our support team will be more than happy to help you out!
- Straight Wires Braces
- Stainless Steel Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Invisalign Braces
- Lingual Braces