It’s Holi time yet again! Here we are, celebrating the Indian festival of splashing colours with unabashed merriment. A day where we throw our inhibitions out of the window and drench ourselves in hues of red, blue, green, and yellow. But while we’re busy playing with colours, our skin, hair, and nails are often left feeling neglected and worse for wear. Fear not, for we’ve got you covered with our ultimate guide to Holi skin care, hair care, and nail care. Let’s make sure you have a riot of a time without sacrificing your beauty game!
Why Is It Important To Be Mindful While Playing Holi?
Holi colours can affect skin, hair, and nails in several ways. Unlike organic Holi colours, most of the synthetic colours used during Holi celebrations can be harsh on the skin, hair, and nails, causing dryness and itching and increasing the risk of allergic reactions. These colours can also be difficult to wash off, leading to prolonged exposure to the skin and hair, which can further worsen the damage. In some cases, the colours can even cause nail discolouration. Additionally, exposure to the sun during Holi can further damage the skin, resulting in sunburns, tanning, and other issues. With a little bit of preparation and some simple tricks up your sleeve, you can enjoy the vibrant celebrations of Holi without having to worry about sacrificing your skin, hair, or nail care routine.
How To Protect Your Skin, Hair And Nails From Holi Colours?
This article will teach you how to protect your skin from Holi colours as well as how to protect your hair and nails from the wrath of harmful coloured powder. Here are a few Holi precautions for skin, nails, and hair:
Pre Holi Skin Care Tips
Massage with Ice Cubes
Rub ice cubes on your skin for 15 minutes before you head out to your Holi party. This can reduce the risk of skin pore outbreaks by preventing harmful chemicals from penetrating your skin.
Use a Moisturizer
Apply a thick layer of moisturizer or oil on your skin and hair to create a barrier that prevents colours from coming into direct contact with your skin.
Apply a waterproof sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and flush out toxins from your system.
Prepone beauty treatments
Avoid getting any beauty treatments like waxing, threading, or facials done just a few hours before Holi celebrations, as the skin tends to be more sensitive after these procedures. Instead, get your beauty rituals done at Zing Mode a couple of days before the festival for ensuring an effective Holi skin care regime.
Pre Holi Hair Care Tips
Oil your hair
For a sure-fire way on how to protect your hair from holi colours, apply coconut oil, almond oil, or any other hair oil of your choice to your hair and scalp. This helps to form a protective layer on your hair and prevents the colour from seeping into your hair shafts.
Tie your hair
Tie your hair in a bun, braid, or any other hairstyle that keeps it covered and protected. This prevents the colour from coming into contact with your hair and damaging it.
Wear a cap or scarf
You can also wear a cap or scarf to cover your hair and protect it from the colour.
Use a leave-in conditioner
Apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair to keep it moisturized and prevent dryness caused by the colours.
Avoid styling tools
Avoid using styling tools like straighteners, curlers, or blow dryers on your hair before Holi as it can make your hair more prone to damage.
Pre Holi Nail Care Tips
Apply a coat of protective polish
Applying a layer of transparent nail polish can help protect your nails from being stained by the organic Holi colours .
Trim your nails
Trimming your nails short will help reduce the risk of the colours getting trapped under your nails, which can be difficult to remove.
Use petroleum jelly
Before stepping out to play Holi, apply petroleum jelly around your nails to prevent the colours from settling on your skin and nails.
Keep your nails dry
Keep your nails as dry as possible during the festivities to avoid prolonged exposure to the colours, which can further worsen the damage.
When it comes to Holi precautions for skin and hair, we strongly recommend choosing full-sleeved and long attire, along with a thick scarf, to match the festivities and protect your skin and hair from the harsh exposure of synthetic colours and scorching sun rays.
How To Remove Holi Colour From Skin, Hair And Nails?
Holi may be over, but the aftermath is just beginning. Don’t fret about how to remove Holi colour from skin, hair, and nails—we’ve got you covered with our expert post Holi skin care, hair care, and nail care tips! Say goodbye to those stubborn pigments and hello to healthy, rejuvenated skin, luscious locks, and strong nails in no time. Keep reading to discover our foolproof remedies that will wash away the colours and worries too!
Post Holi Skin Care Tips
- Wash your face and body thoroughly with a mild cleanser to remove all the colour.
- Avoid using hot water because it will dry out your skin even more. Use lukewarm water instead.
- Apply a soothing and hydrating moisturizer to prevent dryness and itching.
- Use a gentle exfoliating scrub to remove any remaining colour and dead skin cells.
Post Holi Hair Care Tips
- If you are wondering how to remove Holi colour from hair, then rinse your hair with plain water to remove as much colour as possible.
- Avoid using hot water to wash your hair, as it can further dry out your hair and scalp.
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to cleanse and moisturize your hair.
- Apply a hair mask or hot oil treatment to nourish and hydrate your hair.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair instead of a brush.
- For a few days, avoid using heat styling tools like a hairdryer, straightener, or curling iron.
- Trim your hair if the ends are damaged or split.
Post Holi Nail Care Tips
- If you are wondering how to remove holi colour from your nail cuticles effortlessly, then choose a gentle nail polish remover.
- Soak your nails in warm water mixed with a few drops of olive oil or any other natural oil to help nourish and moisturize your nails.
- After soaking your nails, make sure to apply a nourishing cuticle oil or cream to your nails and cuticles to prevent them from drying out.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or acetone-based nail polish removers, which can dry out and make your nails brittle.
- If you notice that your nails have become weak or brittle after Holi, it’s best to give them a break from nail polish and other chemicals for a few days to help them recover.
Now that you’ve discovered the ultimate guide to Holi skin care, hair care, and nail care, are you ready to bid farewell to the Holi colour stains and embrace a vibrant, glowing look? Get ready to radiate and embrace the joys of Holi with laughter, liveliness, and flawless skin!
Holi-stic Care at Zing Mode
At Zing Mode, we believe in “holistic care”—taking care of your skin, hair, and nails from the inside out! Our team of experts is dedicated to providing you with holistic care for your skin, hair, and nails and empowering you to look and feel your best. So this Holi, while you’re busy spreading colours of joy and happiness, let us take care of your beauty needs. With our advanced treatments and expert advice, you can enjoy the festival of colours without any worries. Come join us on this journey of self-love, and let’s make this Holi a truly HOLI-STIC experience!